Estimator Role – Trinity Commercial Construction
Our core values are our constitution. They are the principles shared by everyone in our company. These values drive our culture and priorities while providing a framework in which all decisions are made. The Core Values are the foundation on which the company is built.
Trust and accountability through open honest relationships
Putting people first by providing a supportive environment to connect and develop
Driven to positive outcomes through ambition and being proactive
Courageous, confident and always setting the next standard
Providing for those in the communities we serve
Title – Estimator
General Role Description
The Estimator will be accountable for providing complete estimates on competitive bid projects as well as negotiated projects. This person must be capable of managing the estimating process on multiple projects from start to finish. The Estimator will support the Senior Estimator and the Director of Preconstruction and Estimating to ensure that all practices and procedures of the department are being implemented.
The Estimator reports to the Senior Estimator and the Director of Preconstruction and Estimating and has direct supervisory responsibilities over Assistant Estimator.
High Level Key Responsibilites
- Foster all relationships; Owners, Owner Reps, Architects, Engineers, Subcontractors etc.
- Engage in external opportunities to network with peers and business professionals to foster personal growth and potential work synergies
- Engage in team building
- Use approved processes
- Drive continuous improvement
- Subcontractor and supplier solicitation to obtain the best possible participation
- Perform and assist with quantity surveys for pricing on hard bids
- Maintain the estimating library and database
- Prepare check lists for review with Senior Estimators/Director prior to bid day on proposal submittals that explains subcontractor coverage, contract document error and omissions, competition, inherent risk and advantages and a complete set of general conditions.
- Develop preliminary schedules as a tool to establish total project cost of general conditions
- Manage the project turnover and educate the Project Manager on all facets of the new project
- Engage with Operations to ensure initial schedules are developed in accordance with the client and internal expectations.
- Develop and maintain Owner, Architect, Subcontractor and supplier relationships
- Oversee the preparation of complete scopes of work for each trade – make sure all exposures are covered up front (even if not covered by original estimate)
- Knowledge base of business terms and owner contracts and how they affect project outcomes-disciplined, focused, and able to negotiate interpretations of the same
- Understand Owner and Subcontractor Insurance & Bonding and how it relates to the project
- Understand long lead times, project milestone dates and deliverables
- Understand tax laws and programs as they relate to each project
- Understands that financial success is a necessary result for our business to grow and succeed