Project Coordinator – Job Description
Our core values are our constitution. They are the principles shared by everyone in our company. These values drive our culture and priorities while providing a framework in which all decisions are made. The Core Values are the foundation on which the company is built.
Trust and accountability through open honest relationships
Putting people first by providing a supportive environment to connect and develop
Driven to positive outcomes through ambition and being proactive
Courageous, confident and always setting the next standard
Providing for those in the communities we serve
Title – Project Coordinator
General Role Description
The Project Coordinator works closely with the Project Manager to assist the construction process. This individual strives to understand how to develop and maintain positive relationships that result in longterm partnerships with clients, subcontractors and vendors. The Project Coordinator facilitates consistent and accurate communication with all parties involved in the project process. The individual is a key team member and assists to establish a project focus that includes; clear and concise communication between the project team members, expediting all prime/vendor contract and invoice documentation to maximize the projects’ financial performance.
The Project Coordinator reports to the Project Manager and has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
High Level Key Responsibilities
- Promote positive relationships between Subcontractors and Project Managers and Clients
- Foster all relationships; Owners, Subcontractors etc.
- Engage in team building
- Use approved processes
- Holds project teams accountable for behaviors that deliver results
- Work with project teams regarding profitability while driving repeat business through project quality and performance under various contracting methods
- Is willing and capable of holding ourselves, our subcontractors, and our clients accountable in a professional and collaborative way.
- Proactive problem solving recognize and drive resolution of any obstacles preventing success in subcontracting, and purchase order areas of a project.
- Professional appearance while conducting all company business
- Project Closeout – focus on driving project management to succeed with closeout documentation
- Ensure projects are set up appropriately with detailed project information, budgets, etc…
- Effectively communicate with all internal and external persons assigned to the project team
- Identify and share opportunities for improvement in processes
- Work with project management to identify project specific reporting requirements, maintain documentation, and create reports
- Participate in project handoff meetings from Estimating to Operations
- Assist the Project Manager with the vendor contract administration of each trade with a positive end result for Trinity Commercial Construction and our Subcontractors
Finance / Risk Management
- Understands that financial success is a necessary result for our business to grow and succeed
- Assist Project Manager with contracts and how they affect project outcomes
- Assist the Project Manager with managing contractual associated risks i.e. contract documentation control, invoice and payment application documentation administration
- Assist the Project Manager with overseeing project budgets, cost expenditures, change management, forecasting, timely draw submissions, timely payment from clients, and timely payment of subcontractors
- Assist accounting with subcontract pay app documentation and vendor invoicing approved processes
- While working with Project Managers and other project team members, ensure project documentation is accurate and completed efficiently